Before The Vows
We Love Marriage!
According to The Knot’s 2015 survey of brides in the US, the average cost of a wedding last year was just under $30K. We’re a bit old school, but we think that’s a LOT of money–even if you have it.
A fancy wedding won’t help your marriage last longer, but preparing for marriage might! While you’re spending on the wedding, remember to invest in your marriage. Invest time, energy, attention, and if necessary, money to prepare yourselves for a lifetime partnership. And for a marriage you’ll want to keep for life.
Premarital coaching can help.
Our Marriage Prep Program
Before The Vows is a 7-part premarital education and coaching program that helps engaged couples
- Get to know one another more deeply,
- Understand principles of Biblical marriage, and
- Negotiate key elements of their future life as covenant partners.
The program consists of 8 weekly 90-minute sessions that include discussion, games, quizzes, exercises and media presentations to keep things interesting.
Homework assignments help you process what you learn, and coaching helps you put your learning into action.
Before the Vows is also a great program for newlyweds and married couples who want to continue growing together!
We continually revise our program based on our work with couples, and you can download a pdf outline describing our most recent program HERE.
What You’ll Get
- A look at what the Bible says about marriage and healthy relationships
- A look at the way each partner is “hardwired” and potential effects on the relationship
- Discussion of individual gifts, talents, and life purpose
- A safe place to explore assumptions and secrets that sabotage relationships
- Critical issues every engaged couple should discuss
- Clarification of the couple’s expectations for their family life after marriage
- Tools the couple can use every day to build a marriage they’ll want to keep for life
- Practical suggestions from Scripture for sidestepping common marital snags
- A list or resources to help build and maintain a strong marriage
At graduation, couples who complete the program can access our Check In & Check-Up program. This program gives you 4 check-ins and coaching sessions from us in the first 2 years of your marriage. We want to know how you’re doing as newlyweds. And we’ll offer additional coaching if you need help adjusting to the realities of married life.
Want To Know More?
If you want to learn more or set an appointment to talk with us about this program Contact Us. We’ll do our best to reply within 24 hours.
Building a vibrant, lasting marriage is worth the effort, and we’d love to help you build yours!
Wishing you years of joyful marriage,
Tillmon and LaCharla L. Figgs
Founders & Coaches